Several recent posts on contextualizing the gospel for Japan at the Reaching Japanese for Christ (RJC) Facebook Page have received a remarkable number of comments. I encourage you take a look at them (there is no way to link to a particular post on a Facebook page so you will need to go to the page and scroll down to find the content I’m referring to). A post with the title, “Is it OK to assimilate some Shinto festivals into Christianity in order to bring more Japanese into the fold?” has 70 comments!
It is encouraging to see this issue being discussed on Facebook… Is this an indication that this critically important issue is gaining the attention of mission and church leaders?
- A Japanese festival that reflects the gospel
- Contextualization: Becoming All Things To All Men To Save Some (Part 2)
- A Japanese Gospel Message
- EASTER FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF JAPANESE SAMURAI CULTURE
- IS IT CONTRADICTORY TO BE JAPANESE AND A FOLLOWER OF JESUS?